Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Key to the Center of the Universe

One of the most exciting things that has happened in this experience so far has being getting to meet Paul Ramirez Jonas, the ultra-inspiring man behind the curtain of the genius that is Key to the City. Paul is, perhaps, one of the most genuine people I have ever met. I literally dove into his hug when I saw him for the first time in front of the Key to the City Kiosk in Times Square*** on Sunday, the last day keys were being given out. (Sorry readers, he is very happily married, my mom wanted me to ask....!) We sat and chatted about art, interaction, and, of course, love as I pestered him if he had any single friends as fantastically creative and inspiring as himself. Paul's vision for the world is so innocent yet provocative, so delightful yet daring, I think I can say that along with NYC, I am officially in love with his work.

It was also really exciting fun to watch couples walk down the astro-turf sloping ramp, joyful with keys in hand. This couple met in NYC but refused to tell me where they met....hmmm, one can only imagine the delightful story shared by two secret NY lovers, or, at least, NY lovers of secretes...

And then, as I was walking to the subway, a Chinese couple  (and yes I know they were Chinese! I speak Mandarin!) was doing a marriage photo shoot in the middle of Times Square.




              I <3 NY.










**P.S. I've gotten a lot of requests from people asking me for copies of my key(s) (I have two, this is all about finding who gets the second remember!) and while I want everyone to enjoy the wonder of the project, I can't run all over the city arranging key swaps. SO if you can set me up with a single friend and come on a double date with us (I want to try a double date site!) then I'll let you borrow mine to copy. Deal? Deal! keys2keys@gmail.com

xoxo

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment